Privacy and Security
Our email marketing is permission based. If you received a mailing from us, it's because our records show that you signed up for our mailing list, directly through us or a partner, or that you have an existing relationship with us and have requested email communication from Klean Kanteen in the past, including opt-in during online checkout. We respect your time and attention by controlling the frequency of our mailings. If you have received unwanted or unsolicited email sent from Klean Kanteen or purporting to be sent from Klean Kanteen, please forward a copy of that email along with your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How We Protect Your Privacy
We use appropriate security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of data. Your information is only available to employees and service providers directly involved with providing you with the types of email communication you requested when you subscribed to our email list. We will never share, sell, or rent your information with any person, company or organization for their promotional use without your advance permission or unless ordered by a court of law.
We also want to make it easy for you to remove your email address from our mailing list. At the bottom of every email is a link that allows you to change your email preferences, or to unsubscribe. Just follow the Unsubscribe or Profile links at the end of any email.
Klean Kanteen Website
To enjoy our website, Klean Kanteen does not require anyone to share personal information about themselves. You can visit our site, and make an online pruchase, without registering with us. When you make a purchase from the Klean Kanteen web store, we will require personal information to complete your purchase and ship your order. We will ask for your name, address, phone number and a valid e-mail address. We will not use the personal information you give us for anything except what we described above. You have the option to opt-in to receive emails from Klean Kanteen and you may review your personal information at anytime by clicking the My Account feature (if you created an account during checkout).
We have numerous security provisions and features in place to protect customer orders, credit cards, and personal information on our website. Including a PCI Certified cart with SSL certificate, sitewide https, and EV (Extended Validation).
Personal Information We Collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as "Device Information".
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- "Cookies" are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are pieces of information that a web site transfers to a visitor's hard drive for record-keeping purposes. Certain limited non-personal identifiable information is recorded by the Klean Kanteen web site when you visit. This limited information includes the type of browser you are using and the operating system or device your computer is using. Our web site and properties also keep track of the number of visitors to the site, the pages they visited and how long they stayed. None of this information includes any personal information about you. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- "Log files" track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- "Web beacons", "tags", and "pixels" are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site. When we send you emails, we may include a web beacon to allow us to determine the number of people who open our emails. When you click on a link in an email, we may record this individual response to allow us to customize our offerings to you. Web beacons collect only limited information, such as whether or not you opened our email, your email plaform, the time and date of a webpage you looked at, and the address of the webpage. No personal information about you.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as "Order Information".
If you decide to set up an account with Klean Kanteen, we will ask you to create a login name and a password. We will keep all information about your purchases even after your order has shipped. You can review your online account at any time without making a purchase. If you have not set up an online account with us, or if you have any questions about our online privacy policies or information we have stored about you, please contact us at email@example.com.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations).
Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you.
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud.
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing Your Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Retargeting and Advertising
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative's ("NAI") educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance's opt-out portal at http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Do Not Track
Please note that we do not alter our Site's data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) provides California residents with five core rights to data privacy and autonomy, and an additional private right of action of compensation in the event of data breaches.
The core CCPA rights consist of these categories:
- right to opt out
- right to notice (also known as right to be informed)
- right to access
- right to deletion
- right to equal services and prices
Through all of the privacy policies outlined above, as well as full disclosure and detailed information provided, Klean supports and complies with these CCPA rights afforded to our online customers, contacts, and consumers.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]
3960 Morrow Lane
Chico, CA 95928